Oceanic Beads: Glass, pearl and lampwork jewelry

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Musings of a home-based small business owner

After yesterday's complete lack of inspiration I've made up for it tonight. 1 greenstone/pounamu pin and a pair of enormous green, red, and gold beaded hoop earrings. They're definitely real 'statement jewelry! I'll do a batch of photos tomorrow and get them listed, along with some other pieces that are ready for sale.

I'm really chuffed as I pulled a profit for this month. I opened in late January, but then almost immediately had to go on hiatus as my father became very ill and was in hospital for 6 weeks. After that it took awhile to get back into the swing of things. But we're on track now, and heading in the right direction. My dream is that eventually, several years down the track, that this will be my main job, and however distant that may seem, I'm working towards that goal. Goodness knows how many hours I'm working all up at the moment, between my main day job and my budding business. The usual story, isn't it, during the start-up years. Because I enjoy it, it doesn't seem like work, even the behind the scenes 'dogwork'.

No comments:

Post a Comment