Oceanic Beads: Glass, pearl and lampwork jewelry

Saturday 6 July 2013

Beads beautiful Beads

My Paua Abalone beads arrived! Also, I visited my family this weekend(fri/sat for me) and a little craft store in their town is closing and is selling all their beads off at what must be below cost, so I went a bit mad...

From top left: Dark blue lampwork beads with white flowers, turquoise blue striped lampwork beads, purpley glass beads(the colour of this one isn't displaying correctly in this photo), drilled shell pieces. Middle row: mother of pearl stars and hearts, mother of pearl assorted shapes. String of paua abalone beads at front.

And of course the first thing I did when I got home was play with my new supplies:


I teamed my new paua beads with pink dyed dragon's vein agate to make this pretty little pair of earrings. They can be found listed in my etsy Shop.






My little workshop/shop assistant Random Cat is much much better and is currently sleeping on the chair at my worktable. She was thinking about hopping up among my beads and tools, but thought better of it,..just as well...or she'd have had a rude and swift removal before she knew what was happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment